Hola fiction lovers, how are you doing this week? Last week we had a lot of fun on #FridayFotoFiction which we re-launched after a little break and saw some wonderful flash fiction. I always maintain sometimes you need to give credit to the authors for teleporting you to a different world altogether with their magic of words. I have come across people who are of the opinion, “I’ll not read this novel – too much work, I’ll wait for the movie!” Duh! Will that be all? Fiction Writing isn’t easy people, it requires imagination and the ability of story-telling.
Film adaptations are fine, and some movies are even better than the novels they are based on, but if you like reading you will agree with me there’s a lot of fun in making these mental images and scenes while you are reading a novel! It gives you entertainment, million moments to ponder upon things, fall in love with characters, imagine the way you want! All that brings us to this week’s prompt.
#FridayFotoFiction Aug 18-23 Prompt
The Star #FridayFotoFiction Flash Fiction
When I landed in this big city, I was starry-eyed. This is the city of dreams, the city of fortune. The 15 year old in me wanted to catch the moon with my hands. The modelling days were tiring. But I never deterred from my focus – the star in the movie world!
I was in love, thought he was my prince charming. He promised me the role in his next movie. I was all over Page 3 with him.
The lights, the make-up, the dresses remain same today. I am the star in the eyes of my audience. Only I’m on stage not the silver screen.
Only they are in a bar, not a theater.
He never kept his promise, he backed out from giving his name to our daughter. Who can I blame for this life? Or was it my destiny to be The Star of the Beer Bar?
Word Count 150
#FridayFotoFiction Aug 11-16 Featured Blogger
Last week we received a list of 13 wonderfully crafted flash fictions. We loved reading through all your stories. Every week we are going to pick up a featured blogger among the list. Both your hosts have read all your stories and have picked one whose story moved us the most. Our #FridayFotoFiction Aug 11-16 Featured Blogger is Neha who writes at NehaTambe.com. She is a digital marketer, writer, and a mom. Read her #FridayFotoFiction post BRIDE here
Congratulations NEHA, go ahead and show off your #FridayFotoFiction Featured Blogger Certificate.
How to participate in #FridayFotoFiction Flash Fiction Challenge
- Every Thursday evening we’ll give you a photo prompt
- Follow @twinklingtina & @Mayuri6 on twitter and wait for the prompt, Thursdays at 8pm
- Write a 100 Word story on the photo prompt. You can go upto max 150 words.
- Use the badge at the end of your posts
- Link up with Tina or Mayuri
- Linky is open from Friday to Wednesday midnight. So you have 6 days to link up.
- Read, comment, share on host and co-hosts posts and at least two more posts linked in the party Pro Tip – Networking and commenting is good for your blog’s health and ranks.
- Use #FridayFotoFiction in your post and share on social media using the same hashtag.
- Every week we will have one featured blogger who is the best reflection of this community spirit
- And every month a winner for most active participation
Grab the Badge
Liked the Flash Fiction Challenge? Pin it for later.
Add your links in the linky below
Linky open until Wednesday 23rd midnight