#FridayFotoFiction is a weekly flash fiction writing prompt challenge where we give you a photo prompt and ask you to write a 100-150 word flash fiction about it.
Flash Fiction Writing Prompt – #FridayFotoFiction Feb 16 – Feb 21 Prompt
The Brothers – Flash Fiction Writing Prompt #FridayFotoFiction
Remus and Janus were not just brothers, they were best of friends, growing up together.
Both had the same glacial blue eyes and the same aquiline nose that complemented their prominent cheekbones.
They had both trained to be gladiators and marveled at it.
Remus and Janus had never lost a fight at the Colosseum.
But fate had other plans.
Today the brothers were thrown into the arena together. Opposite each other.
Oh good mother forgive me, forgive me for this day.
Never had I thought I’ll be standing facing my little brother Janus.
I remember my promise. I will not let any harm come on him, for today I will gladly lose this match and go down with the smile. Said Remus thinking about his words to their dying mother.
At the other end Janus stood with his gladius shining under the bright sun saying the same words to himself.
© Tina Basu
Word count – 150
Disclaimer: Please add this line at the end of your post. Without it the linky won’t accept the submission.
I am taking part in the #FridayFotoFiction – Weekly Flash Fiction Writing Challenge hosted by Tina and Mayuri
#FridayFotoFiction Featured Blogger Feb 2 – Feb 7
We had some amazing stories last week – 10 interesting fictions and many of them were sci-fi!
Our featured blogger with an interesting sci-fi story is Rashi from Live it Young. Read her featured story The Remains
#FridayFotoFiction Featured Post By Popular Demand
The Featured Story by Popular Demand also happens to be Rashi’s The Remains with 3 votes.
Please fill this Form for all updated details on #FridayFotoFiction
#FridayFotoFiction Flash Voting FAQ
- Drop your posts in the linky Friday 12 AM IST- Wednesday midnight 23:55 pm IST
- Voting opens Thursday 12AM IST untill Thursday 8:30 PM IST
- Come back on this page #Thursday anytime 12 AM – 8:30 PM and cast your vote on your favorite post.
- Only 1 vote per user.
- The post with max votes gets the Featured Story by Popular Demand title
How to participate in #FridayFotoFiction Flash Fiction Writing Challenge
@twinklingtina & @Mayuri6 , your hosts for #FridayFotofiction, on Twitter.
- Every Thursday evening Tina and Mayuri will share a Photo Prompt with you on Twitter and on their respective blogs.
- Write a 100-150 Word story based on or relevant to the given Photo Prompt.
- Use the
#FridayFotoFiction badge at the end of your posts.
- Link up with Tina or Mayuri
- Read, comment, share on the host and co-hosts posts and at least two more posts linked in the party.
Pro Tip – Networking and commenting are good for your blog’s health and ranks.
#FridayFotoFiction in your post and share in on social media using the same hashtag.
- Every week Tina and Mayuri will pick one featured blogger whose post impressed them the most.
- Every month one winner will be picked from the participants. This winner will be picked on the basis of regular participation through the month and will win a cash voucher from Amazon.
- Keep your fictions and engagement civil. Adult content/ affiliated links/ derogatory remarks/ hatred towards any religion is not allowed.
Drop Your Links