#FridayFotoFiction is a weekly flash fiction writing prompt challenge where we give you a photo prompt and ask you to write a 100-150 word flash fiction about it.
Flash Fiction Writing Prompt – #FridayFotoFiction March 9 –March 12 Prompt
The Tree – Flash Fiction Writing Prompt #FridayFotoFiction
I still remember the moment I held you for the first time.
You were our bundle of joy for which we named you Aliza, thought a pensive Annabel, while waiting for the doctor.
“We are sorry Mrs. Gray, the chemos are not working any more, we don’t have much chance” announced the doctor.
At her bed a skinny Aliza lay with her eyes closed.
“I don’t want to die, mom”, said the sixteen-year-old in the faintest voice.
“Don’t say all this. You will always live with us, my love. I promise”
“You are the reason I lived Aliza, after your dad left us. I am too old now, I’m coming to see you… very soon, my love”. Said a frail Annabel sitting under the shades of the tree.
The seed which she had buried several years ago along with her young daughter.
The tree that she had named Aliza.
© Tina Basu
Word count – 150
Disclaimer: Please add this line at the end of your post. Without it the linky won’t accept the submission.
I am taking part in the #FridayFotoFiction – Weekly Flash Fiction Writing Challenge hosted byTina and Mayuri
#FridayFotoFiction Featured Blogger Feb 16 – March 8
We had extended our prompt for two weeks because the hosts got busy. So we decided to pick two featured bloggers.
Our first featured blogger with an interesting story is Anagha from Canvas WIth Rainbow. Read her featured story The Grand Finale.
Our second featured blogger with an interesting story is Rashi from Live it Young. Read her featured story The Fate.
We’ll announce the monthly winner for Feb next week.
Please fill this Form for all updated details on #FridayFotoFiction
#FridayFotoFiction Flash Voting FAQ
- Drop your posts in the linky Friday 12 AM IST- Monday midnight 23:55 pm IST
- Voting opens Tuesday 12AM IST untill Thursday 8:30 PM IST
- Come back on this page on from Tuesday to Thursday and cast your vote on your favorite post.
- Only 1 vote per user.
- The post with max votes gets the Featured Story by Popular Demand title
How to participate in #FridayFotoFiction Flash Fiction Writing Challenge
@twinklingtina & @Mayuri6 , your hosts for #FridayFotofiction, on Twitter.
- Every Thursday evening Tina and Mayuri will share a Photo Prompt with you on Twitter and on their respective blogs.
- Write a 100-150 Word story based on or relevant to the given Photo Prompt.
- Use the
#FridayFotoFiction badge at the end of your posts.
- Link up with Tina or Mayuri
- Read, comment, share on the host and co-hosts posts and at least two more posts linked in the party.
Pro Tip – Networking and commenting are good for your blog’s health and ranks.
#FridayFotoFiction in your post and share in on social media using the same hashtag.
- Every week Tina and Mayuri will pick one featured blogger whose post impressed them the most.
- Every month one winner will be picked from the participants. This winner will be picked on the basis of regular participation through the month and will win a cash voucher from Amazon.
- Keep your fictions and engagement civil. Adult content/ affiliated links/ derogatory remarks/ hatred towards any religion is not allowed.
Drop Your Links