Happy Teachers Day DIY Greeting Card. 2 designs for a quality craft with kids time.
Happy Teachers Day, to all the teachers and moms out there. Moms are the first teachers in baby’s lives s you deserve to be celebrated today. My tot is now three and loves painting and doing crafts. So I thought why not make a Teachers Day DIY Greeting card for his teachers at school. Crafts with kids is a great way in reducing screen time too. So keep reading on.
This was a very impromptu idea of making cards for his teachers. I didn’t want him to go and just say Happy Teachers Day. It easy to buy cards and gifts these days, but is fun to make one and involve kids in making that. We actually made two cards for two teachers of his class.
What do you need for this DIY Greeting Card?
For Card No 1
- White Chart paper
- Any colored paper (wrapping paper, scrap book paper)
- Paint brush
- Paint – acrylic/ water color
- Black pen
How to Make this Happy Teachers Day DIY Greeting Card? #1 Butterfly Card
- Cut the white chart paper in your desired size. I have not stuck to the typical greeting card size of 5×5 or 5×7 inches. You can stick to that size if you want to use readily available envelopes.
- Cut a thin strip of wrapping paper and stick it to the bottom part of the greeting card leaving 5 mm from the edge.
- Draw a big butter fly wing shape with rounded corners in a contrast wrapping paper, cut it with scissors, and stick it on the left hand side of the first strip.
- Draw a smaller butter fly wing shape with rounded corners on white chart paper, cut it with scissors, and stick on the bigger butterfly wing shape.
- Take a black marker pen and write Happy Teacher’s Day on the white part.
- Take a 4 inch strip of green chart paper, fold it in half and draw butterfly wings on the folded edge.
- Make the wings in random shape and size, all doesn’t need to look similar. Cut the shapes out with scissors
- With a black pen draw a few lines and curves on the white part of the greeting card
- Stick the green butterflies on the lines in random order. Glue only the folded mark in middle. The edges of the wings should be left free and not stuck with glue.
Inside the card
The insides of the card have some personalized messages for the teachers. You can simply write a message or be creative. I have taken some inspiration from the internet and thought painting my son’s hand could be a good idea.
- Place your kids hand and trace the outline.
- Color the hand outline and fill it up with red. I have used acrylic paint here for bolder smoother color.
- Write a message on top
- Sign off with your kid’s name
- I have added some message on the left hand size page of the card too.
How to Make this Happy Teachers Day DIY Greeting Card? #2 Flower Card
- Cut the white chart paper in your desired size. This is roughly 6x 4 size.
- Dip your kid’s for finger in paint and make dots on the greeting card in round shape to make flower patter.
- Repeat the previous step with two more colors. You can use any color combination
- Take a paint brush and draw the stem and leaves.
- Take blue and light green water colors to paint sky and land to give a little dimension to the image.
- Write Happy Teacher’s Day with Black pen.
Inside the card
I didn’t want to do two similar arts on both the cards, but still wanted to use his hand.
- Put water color or acrylic color on your kids hand and press it on the paper to get the hand print.
- Repeat this step with two more colors. You can use any color combination, I have used red, pink and yellow.
- Use a paint brush to draw the stem and leaves.
- Add a message for the teacher
- I have added some message on the left hand side page too.
I didn’t have any envelopes in this size, so ended up making some envelopes with plain white printing paper. And then just drew some patterns on the edge to give a little look.
Now wasn’t that an easy DIY Greeting card for Teachers’ Day? We stuck little chocolates on the envelopes for some “muh meetha” time.
By the way did you notice, how my tiny man is dressed up as a teacher today! Fake glasses on and kohl pencil moustache made him look cute. He also said I am an angry pouty teacher!