Trust is the treasure of our daily lives. Trust in life is fundamental because all human relationships revolve around trust.
These days, however, “trust” is made out to be a commercial entity. You have scores of financial trust bombarding the airtime with their advertisements, you have the charitable trusts calling you every other day for donation and help, school trust, community trust and “trust” used in every other business name. But seldom you find people talking about the importance of trust in life – the virtue that is fundamental to life.
Life gets difficult if you cannot find trust – you are unable to trust someone or more than someone. And even worse, if you can’t make people trust you. No relationship –not necessarily a romantic relationship- can stay alive without trust. As a child, you have blind trust on your mom and dad by default, because you know they care for you. I can’t even call that a universal truth because of the horrifying instances that I have read how parents sometimes become demons and try to harm their own children. When you read in the news how a mom stabbed her 8-month-old child because it didn’t let her sleep, or about a dad who regularly sexually abused his daughter – you lose trust from mankind or even the word trust!
What is the Importance of Trust in Life?
- No marriage or romantic relationship can survive without trust
- More marriages are wrecked because of lack of trust in partners than infidelity
- Friendships become bitter due to lack of trust
- Trust between business partners and clients is one of the keys for a business to survive
- At workplace, if you can’t trust your colleagues or boss your work suffers and you are under constant mental woes
- Trust is synonymous with warmth in any relationship
- Lack of trust signifies decay in society in general.
How to cultivate Trust in Life?
Even when you know trust is key to a meaningful life you find mistrust everywhere around you. I have huge trust issues with the entire universe of advertising – read the Mac Donald burger ads – they look two floors tall in the ads and when you order you get the most unappetizing limp looking burger! On a more serious note, without trust in life, you are unable to create a conducive atmosphere which has transparency. If you can’t trust a doctor can you trust your life with him? If you can’t trust a bank or financial investment firm can you trust your money with them? There are tons of instances, in both these fields, to warn you against blindly trusting anyone.
Building up trust is not an easy job. It requires time, conscious effort and intent to develop trust.
- Nurture relationships with care
- Don’t let ego destroy relationships
- Make efforts to build trust in you with good intent
- Don’t keep everything inside you, share, talk, communicate, open up
- People with matured, balanced thoughts tends to get trusted more
- Being competitive is good, but being jealous and making the competition a war isn’t great, people tend to lose trust in you when you get reckless.
It’s not about being perfect, it’s being the best version of yourself (again I am inspired by Mr. Roshan and his words). Mistrust is a reflection of your imperfections and inadequacies. But all reforms start at home, Give time, have a good intent, make yourself trustworthy. Trust in life is as important as life itself.
I am taking part in the A to Z Challenge 2017. Are you?
- Amazing Life
- Believe in Your Self
- Celebrate Life
- Dare To Dream
- Enjoy Life
- Freedom in Life
- Grow in Life
- Hope in Life
- Inspire & Be Inspired
- Joy in Life
- Kindness in Life
- Love in Life
- Mindfulness in Life
- Needs of Life
- Optimism in Life
- Principles in Life
- Quality in Life
- Resilience in Life
- Success in Life
Drop by my food blog Twinkling Tina Cooks where I am sharing 26 Dessert Recipes.